Special Features: Co-create Value for a Sustainable Future
- Initiatives to Achieve Carbon Neutrality
Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Throughout its history, the Daigas Group has operated with the aim of fulfilling its mission to contribute to the good of customers and society.
Since starting to supply gas in 1905, we have striven to provide products and services that can meet the needs of customers and society while keeping in mind our motto of “service first.” During that time, we have also shown our strong commitment to developing, researching, and putting into practical use various new technologies that can fulfill customer demand for convenience and energy saving. Moreover, as a corporate group that conducts business mainly in the field of energy, we recognize that the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, which is a key solution to climate change, is one of our most important missions. To achieve a low-carbon or carbon-free society, we have implemented various initiatives, including increasing the use of renewable energy, developing and facilitating the widespread use of state-of-the-art technologies and energy equipment, and encouraging the use of LNG.
In addition, to address natural disasters, which are becoming more numerous by the year, we have adopted measures to protect infrastructure, which is required to function as usual even amid natural disasters, and to prepare for its early recovery. We have thus striven to increase resilience to natural disasters.
The Daigas Group believes that these initiatives will enable us to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Initiatives to Achieve Carbon Neutrality
The Daigas Group aims to become carbon neutral by 2050 through the decarbonization of city gas through innovations such as methanation and the decarbonization of electricity by increasing the share of renewables in its power generation portfolio.
In addition, because initiatives for the steady reduction of CO2 emissions will be essential in the intervening years, we will pursue contributions to society-wide CO2 emission reduction efforts.
As a way of indicating our initiatives for the realization of a carbon neutral society, we announced our Carbon Neutral Vision in 2021.
Road Map to Carbon Neutrality
We aim to achieve our carbon neutrality goal through our ongoing initiatives including methanation R&D and renewable power generation capacity development and other activities as shown in the road map below.
- * Methanation
Methanation is a technology that synthesizes methane, the main component of city gas, from hydrogen and CO2.
Synthetic methane has the advantage of being able to use existing city gas infrastructure and gas appliances without changing them, and it can also be deployed in areas where electrification is difficult.
Also, by recycling CO2 and combining it with hydrogen derived from renewable energies, it will be able to contribute to the carbon neutralization of city gas in the future.
In the Green Growth Strategy and Sixth Strategic Energy Plan announced by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in collaboration with other relevant ministries and agencies, a target of injecting synthetic methane by 1% into existing infrastructure by 2030 was declared.
Decarbonization of Gas Energy
See Details [0.14MB]
Decarbonization of Power Generation
See Details [0.37MB]
See Details [0.13MB]
- Sustainability of
the Daigas Group
- Values and Sustainability Promotion of the Daigas Group
- Daigas Group's Values Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct Sustainability Promotion System and Management Stakeholder Engagement Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In Commendation from the Outside
- Sustainability Management and Value Creation Process
- Value Creation Process of the Daigas Group Long-Term Management Vision 2030 Medium-Term Management Plan 2023 Daigas Group Carbon Neutral Vision
- Actions on Materiality
Materiality of the Daigas Group
Materiality Review Cycle
Creating Value for Customers
(Charter I) Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
(Charter Ⅱ) Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ) Respecting Human Rights
(Charter IV) Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V) Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Risk Management Compliance Messages from Outside Directors
- Value Chain and Sustainability
- Consideration for the Value Chain and Stakeholders Social Impact of Business Activities in Our Energy Value Chain and Our Efforts toward Sustainability
- FY2022 Activities Report
- Creating Value for Customers (Charter I)
Charter I Index
Management for Creating Value for Customers
Safety and Security 1:
Procurement Stage Safety and Security 2:
Processing Stage Safety and Security 3:
Distribution Stage Safety and Security 4:
Consumption Stage Incorporating Customer Opinions Proposing New Value
- Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society (Charter Ⅱ)
- Charter Ⅱ Index Management toward Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society Environmental Management Environmental Management: Indicators, Targets and Results Actions for Climate Change: Recognition of and Action on Risks and Opportunities Actions for Climate Change: Method to Evaluate Effects of CO2 Emissions Reduction Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Business Activities Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions at Customer Sites Efforts in Resource Recycling Conserving Biodiversity Developing Environmental Technologies Addressing Environmental Risk Promotion of Green Purchasing Environmental Communication
- Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ)
- Charter Ⅲ Index Management of Engagement with and Contribution to Society Activities for Promoting Communication with Society Corporate Volunteering Activities under the Small Light Campaign Social Contribution Activities Activities at Osaka Gas' Foundations
- Respecting Human Rights (Charter IV)
- Charter IV Index Status of Management regarding Respect for Human Rights Human Rights Due Diligence Action on Human Rights
- Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V)
- Charter V Index Management for Complying with Laws and Regulations Compliance Promotion Efforts Efforts for Protection of Personal Information Information Security Consultations and Reports from Partner Companies
- Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Charter VI Index Status of Management to Support Employees' Personal Growth Employment Acceptance of Diversity Balancing Work and Family Human Resource Development and Rewards Communication Between Employees and Company Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Reporting Guidance and Guidelines and ESG Data
- Reporting Guidelines