Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy
The Daigas Group has formulated the Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct (“the Charter”) under which it aims to achieve sustainable economic growth and resolve social issues through its business activities in cooperation with customers, society, shareholders and employees.
In April 2021, in view of the expansion of its business, it revised the Charter to aim to achieve sustainable economic growth and resolve social issues by addressing recent climate change and human rights issues as well as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct
The Daigas Group places the highest priority on creating value for customers and aims to lead creating value for customers to creating value for society, for shareholders, and for employees through its business activities. We believe that our social responsibility lies in creating value for all these stakeholders through fair and transparent business activities.
The Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct demonstrates the Daigas Group’s commitment to meeting the expectations of its stakeholders and fulfilling its corporate social responsibility while achieving sustainable business development. This Charter serves as the Group’s fundamental guide to achieving sustainable economic growth and resolving social issues through its business activities in cooperation with customers, society, shareholders, and employees.
The Daigas Group’s management members are expected to be role models in acting in accordance with the Charter. They will take strict corrective action in case of any infringement of the Charter.
I. Creating Value for Customers
The Daigas Group aims to enhance energy resilience through a reliable and safe supply of energy, including natural gas, electricity, and LPG, while ensuring safety and providing services. The Daigas Group strives to create value through the development of various businesses and innovation for customers’ comfortable lifestyles and sustainable business development.
II. Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
The Daigas Group addresses the environmental issues both at regional and global levels as a matter of paramount importance in its business centered on energy supply. In light of the impacts of its business activities on the environment, the Daigas Group strives to tackle climate change and other environmental issues, develop innovative technologies and promote their wider use, and support the advanced use of resources and materials.
III. Engaging With and Contributing to Society
The Daigas Group ensures the transparency of its business operations and discloses information for the public’s better understanding of its corporate activities. The Daigas Group promotes cooperation with various stakeholders through productive dialogue and makes positive contribution to the local community as a good corporate citizen.
IV. Respecting Human Rights
The Daigas Group respects human rights as basic rights inherent to all. The Group supports the international standards on human rights and promotes activities and programs to protect the human rights of its stakeholders.
V. Complying with Laws and Regulations
The Daigas Group strives to earn the trust of society through its compliance with laws and regulations on all levels, including the management and employees. The Group’s compliance is not limited to observing laws and regulations but includes acting sensibly as a member of society. The Group conducts business activities with fairness and integrity, respecting the culture and customs of each country and region where it operates.
VI. Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth
The Daigas Group provides a safe and healthy working environment for its employees while securing employment opportunities. The Group values its employees’ individual uniqueness, respects their independence as individuals, supports their personal growth, and promotes diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion at the workplace.
April 1, 2021
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.
Daigas Group Policies
The Daigas Group has established policies to demonstrate its corporate attitude in each field. The policies, including those related to sustainability, and declarations are as follows:
Daigas Group Human Rights Policy
Daigas Group Environmental Policy
Daigas Group Biodiversity Promotion Policy
Daigas Group Diversity Promotion Policy
Daigas Group Procurement Policy
Daigas Group Procurement Policy for Suppliers (the Daigas Group Procurement Guidelines for Suppliers)
- Sustainability of
the Daigas Group
- Values and Sustainability Promotion of the Daigas Group
- Daigas Group's Values Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct Sustainability Promotion System and Management Stakeholder Engagement Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In Commendation from the Outside
- Sustainability Management and Value Creation Process
- Value Creation Process of the Daigas Group Long-Term Management Vision 2030 Medium-Term Management Plan 2023 Daigas Group Carbon Neutral Vision
- Actions on Materiality
Materiality of the Daigas Group
Materiality Review Cycle
Creating Value for Customers
(Charter I) Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
(Charter Ⅱ) Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ) Respecting Human Rights
(Charter IV) Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V) Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Risk Management Compliance Messages from Outside Directors
- Value Chain and Sustainability
- Consideration for the Value Chain and Stakeholders Social Impact of Business Activities in Our Energy Value Chain and Our Efforts toward Sustainability
- FY2022 Activities Report
- Creating Value for Customers (Charter I)
Charter I Index
Management for Creating Value for Customers
Safety and Security 1:
Procurement Stage Safety and Security 2:
Processing Stage Safety and Security 3:
Distribution Stage Safety and Security 4:
Consumption Stage Incorporating Customer Opinions Proposing New Value
- Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society (Charter Ⅱ)
- Charter Ⅱ Index Management toward Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society Environmental Management Environmental Management: Indicators, Targets and Results Actions for Climate Change: Recognition of and Action on Risks and Opportunities Actions for Climate Change: Method to Evaluate Effects of CO2 Emissions Reduction Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Business Activities Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions at Customer Sites Efforts in Resource Recycling Conserving Biodiversity Developing Environmental Technologies Addressing Environmental Risk Promotion of Green Purchasing Environmental Communication
- Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ)
- Charter Ⅲ Index Management of Engagement with and Contribution to Society Activities for Promoting Communication with Society Corporate Volunteering Activities under the Small Light Campaign Social Contribution Activities Activities at Osaka Gas' Foundations
- Respecting Human Rights (Charter IV)
- Charter IV Index Status of Management regarding Respect for Human Rights Human Rights Due Diligence Action on Human Rights
- Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V)
- Charter V Index Management for Complying with Laws and Regulations Compliance Promotion Efforts Efforts for Protection of Personal Information Information Security Consultations and Reports from Partner Companies
- Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Charter VI Index Status of Management to Support Employees' Personal Growth Employment Acceptance of Diversity Balancing Work and Family Human Resource Development and Rewards Communication Between Employees and Company Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Reporting Guidance and Guidelines and ESG Data
- Reporting Guidelines