Daigas Group Diversity Promotion Policy
Greater diversity within the Daigas Group for expanding its business fields
At the Daigas Group, we value our employees as one of the most important assets, respecting their uniqueness and independence as individuals. We promote the development of employees’ potential at work, encouraging them to make a good use of education and training opportunities provided by the Group to achieve its objectives. In the meantime, we provide a number of programs to support our employees’ initiatives to realize their suitable work-life balance respectively.
With Japan’s demographic structure changing and individuals’ lifestyles and values diversifying, we expect that our customers’ needs will become more complex. To sustain a steady growth of the Group, we need to explore broader business fields beyond the traditional domains of gas utility business, which requires us to accept more diverse values. We must respond swiftly and flexibly to these changes in business environment, identify business opportunities in that, and be a corporate group that can continue to create new types of value that meet the changing needs of our customers.
The new types of value can be created not from an individual and isolated idea but from a joint and organizational approach, where innovative combination of knowledge, interaction of concepts, and fusion of ideas among employees take place vibrantly. To that end, we should provide a workplace that encourages every employee to have strong intellectual curiosity and fertile imagination, interact with other people with different views, values, and ways of thinking, and accept and respect diverse opinions without prejudice. Promoting diversity is key to establishing such a workplace, where people freely discuss their own ideas regardless of gender, age, nationality, physical disabilities and other attributes.
Following this Daigas Group Diversity Promotion Policy, we strive to be a corporate group that respects diverse talent, tolerates no discrimination, and provides a workplace where everyone has a sense of fulfillment in their work.
June 16, 2023
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.
Daigas Group Diversity Promotion Policy
The Daigas Group is committed to promoting diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion in the organization in order to be a corporate group with diverse talent that continues creating new types of value.
- ・We aim to be a group of enterprises that provide a work environment that values uniqueness of each employee, tolerates no discrimination, acknowledges employee diversity including gender, age, physical disabilities,nationalities, form of employment, lifestyles*1, religions, sexual orientation*2, and gender identity*3.
- ・We provide support in realizing highly productive way of working and suitable work-life balance for each employee as a basis for them to pursue their career opportunities.
- *1 Lifestyles
Working styles that meet the needs required in one’s various life stages such as raising children and caring for family members.
- *2 Sexual orientation
The tendency of sexual attraction, such as homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality.
- *3 Gender identity
Self-recognition of gender where one belongs to, including transgender.
Targets and Sustainable Actions
We promote activities for supporting females, the elderly, the physically challenged, and foreign nationals, building work environment for those employees to achieve their higher career objectives. Minority workers should not be subjected to disadvantages. As the first step of promoting diversity, we seek to provide our female employees with greater professional opportunities. We aim to increase the percentage of women in executives*1 to 20% or more, in directors to 20% or more, and in members newly promoted to the middle management positions*2 to 30% or more by 2030 while keeping the percentage of women in new recruits 30% or more. We continue to implement these actions in a sustainable manner and report its performance.
- *1 Executives include directors and audit & supervisory board members
- *2 Rate of women promoted to the middle management positions
Rate of women promoted to the middle management positions out of newly promoted persons with professional qualification in a year
- Sustainability of
the Daigas Group
- Values and Sustainability Promotion of the Daigas Group
- Daigas Group's Values Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct Sustainability Promotion System and Management Stakeholder Engagement Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In Commendation from the Outside
- Sustainability Management and Value Creation Process
- Value Creation Process of the Daigas Group Long-Term Management Vision 2030 Medium-Term Management Plan 2023 Daigas Group Carbon Neutral Vision
- Actions on Materiality
Materiality of the Daigas Group
Materiality Review Cycle
Creating Value for Customers
(Charter I) Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
(Charter Ⅱ) Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ) Respecting Human Rights
(Charter IV) Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V) Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Risk Management Compliance Messages from Outside Directors
- Value Chain and Sustainability
- Consideration for the Value Chain and Stakeholders Social Impact of Business Activities in Our Energy Value Chain and Our Efforts toward Sustainability
- FY2022 Activities Report
- Creating Value for Customers (Charter I)
Charter I Index
Management for Creating Value for Customers
Safety and Security 1:
Procurement Stage Safety and Security 2:
Processing Stage Safety and Security 3:
Distribution Stage Safety and Security 4:
Consumption Stage Incorporating Customer Opinions Proposing New Value
- Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society (Charter Ⅱ)
- Charter Ⅱ Index Management toward Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society Environmental Management Environmental Management: Indicators, Targets and Results Actions for Climate Change: Recognition of and Action on Risks and Opportunities Actions for Climate Change: Method to Evaluate Effects of CO2 Emissions Reduction Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Business Activities Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions at Customer Sites Efforts in Resource Recycling Conserving Biodiversity Developing Environmental Technologies Addressing Environmental Risk Promotion of Green Purchasing Environmental Communication
- Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ)
- Charter Ⅲ Index Management of Engagement with and Contribution to Society Activities for Promoting Communication with Society Corporate Volunteering Activities under the Small Light Campaign Social Contribution Activities Activities at Osaka Gas' Foundations
- Respecting Human Rights (Charter IV)
- Charter IV Index Status of Management regarding Respect for Human Rights Human Rights Due Diligence Action on Human Rights
- Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V)
- Charter V Index Management for Complying with Laws and Regulations Compliance Promotion Efforts Efforts for Protection of Personal Information Information Security Consultations and Reports from Partner Companies
- Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Charter VI Index Status of Management to Support Employees' Personal Growth Employment Acceptance of Diversity Balancing Work and Family Human Resource Development and Rewards Communication Between Employees and Company Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Reporting Guidance and Guidelines and ESG Data
- Reporting Guidelines