Achieving a Low Carbon / Carbon Neutral Society
We will utilize the technical capabilities and business expertise that we have developed as a group over many years to create value together with our various stakeholders, and thereby achieve a low carbon / carbon neutral society.
Succeeded in Prototyping a New Type of SOEC, a Key Technology to Realize “Innovative Methanation,” Which Contributes to Decarbonization of City Gas
We have been conducting basic research on highly efficient and innovative methanation*1 technology, a promising technology for the decarbonization of city gas, and have succeeded for the first time in Japan in prototyping a practical-sized cell used for a new type of SOEC*2, which is the key to realizing this technology. We believe that this technology will have potential uses not just for the decarbonization of city gas, but also for the efficient manufacturing of carbon neutral fuels such as hydrogen and synthetic liquid fuels, and other substances. Accordingly, we will accelerate our research and development efforts through industry-government-academia collaboration, and alliances with various business partners, as we aim to establish this technology around 2030.
- *1 Methanation is a technology using hydrogen (H2) and carbon dioxide (CO2), instead of natural gas, to generate methane.
- *2 Solid Oxide Electrolysis Cell: An electrolysis element that uses solid oxides. Electrolysis is performed on steam and CO2 at high temperatures.
Working with Various Stakeholders to Contribute to the Development of Renewables
In FY2021.3, we endeavored to contribute to the development of renewables by collaborating with various stakeholders. In terms of developing power sources, we acquired a solar power plant by investing in D&D Solar GK, which was established to hold solar power asset, together with Development Bank of Japan Inc. Additionally, we also focused on developing various power sources, including joint investment in an onshore wind power project and participation in a biomass power project.
With regard to procuring electric power, we entered into a bilateral contract with West Holdings Corporation for the long-term procurement of electricity generated at thousands of small-scale solar power facilities to be developed by West HD in FY2022.3.
■ Development of renewables (main projects since 2020)
- Sustainability of
the Daigas Group
- Values and Sustainability Promotion of the Daigas Group
- Daigas Group's Values Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct Sustainability Promotion System and Management Stakeholder Engagement Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In Commendation from the Outside
- Sustainability Management and Value Creation Process
- Value Creation Process of the Daigas Group Long-Term Management Vision 2030 Medium-Term Management Plan 2023 Daigas Group Carbon Neutral Vision
- Actions on Materiality
Materiality of the Daigas Group
Materiality Review Cycle
Creating Value for Customers
(Charter I) Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
(Charter Ⅱ) Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ) Respecting Human Rights
(Charter IV) Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V) Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Risk Management Compliance Messages from Outside Directors
- Value Chain and Sustainability
- Consideration for the Value Chain and Stakeholders Social Impact of Business Activities in Our Energy Value Chain and Our Efforts toward Sustainability
- FY2022 Activities Report
- Creating Value for Customers (Charter I)
Charter I Index
Management for Creating Value for Customers
Safety and Security 1:
Procurement Stage Safety and Security 2:
Processing Stage Safety and Security 3:
Distribution Stage Safety and Security 4:
Consumption Stage Incorporating Customer Opinions Proposing New Value
- Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society (Charter Ⅱ)
- Charter Ⅱ Index Management toward Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society Environmental Management Environmental Management: Indicators, Targets and Results Actions for Climate Change: Recognition of and Action on Risks and Opportunities Actions for Climate Change: Method to Evaluate Effects of CO2 Emissions Reduction Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Business Activities Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions at Customer Sites Efforts in Resource Recycling Conserving Biodiversity Developing Environmental Technologies Addressing Environmental Risk Promotion of Green Purchasing Environmental Communication
- Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ)
- Charter Ⅲ Index Management of Engagement with and Contribution to Society Activities for Promoting Communication with Society Corporate Volunteering Activities under the Small Light Campaign Social Contribution Activities Activities at Osaka Gas' Foundations
- Respecting Human Rights (Charter IV)
- Charter IV Index Status of Management regarding Respect for Human Rights Human Rights Due Diligence Action on Human Rights
- Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V)
- Charter V Index Management for Complying with Laws and Regulations Compliance Promotion Efforts Efforts for Protection of Personal Information Information Security Consultations and Reports from Partner Companies
- Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Charter VI Index Status of Management to Support Employees' Personal Growth Employment Acceptance of Diversity Balancing Work and Family Human Resource Development and Rewards Communication Between Employees and Company Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Reporting Guidance and Guidelines and ESG Data
- Reporting Guidelines