Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In
Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In
We fully embrace the United Nations Global Compact, and in June 2007, we became the first utility in Japan to join. Furthermore, we actively take part and make recommendations in the formulation of various policy measures by the government and municipalities. Through our participation in sustainability initiatives, we will fulfill our role toward the achievement of a sustainable society.
|UN Global Compact||
The Global Compact encompasses 10 principles for enterprises to follow in the four fields of human rights, labor standards, the environment, and anti-corruption.
We signed and joined the Global Compact in June 2007.
We report the progress of our initiatives under the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact on an annual basis.
|Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs)||
The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), a partnership initiative of UN Women and UN Global Compact, are a set of seven principles offering practical guidance to companies and private organizations in advancing women's empowerment in the workplace, in the market, and in the community. The seven Women's Empowerment Principles are as follows: Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality; Treat all women and men fairly at work - respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination; Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers; Promote education, training and professional development for women; Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women; Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy; and Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.
The Daigas Group endorsed the objective of the Principles and expressed its support in September 2010.
|Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)||
The recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) encourage companies to disclose climate change-related financial information to promote appropriate investment decisions by investors.
We endorsed the TCFD recommendations in May 2019, and utilize them as indicators to validate our climate change response. We also participate in the TCFD Consortium, where discussions take place on efforts toward information disclosure on responses to climate change based on the TCFD recommendations.
|World Wide Fund for Nature Japan
The World Wide Fund for Nature is a conservation organization active in approximately 100 countries. It aims to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by reducing the human impact on the environment and wildlife.
We have continued to support WWF Japan as a corporate member since 1983.
|Japan Business Initiative for Biodiversity (JBIB)||
The initiative was launched in 2008 with the aim of truly contributing to the conservation of biological diversity within and outside Japan through joint research by a wide range of companies, thus generating results that cannot be achieved when a company acts alone.
We have been participating in the initiative as a regular member since 2011.
|Keidanren (Japan Business Federation)||As a member company of Keidanren, we respect and practice the spirit of its Charter of Corporate Behavior.|
|Committee on Nature Conservation||
The Committee on Nature Conservation is an organization affiliated with Keidanren. It provides its members information on donations and social contribution activities, as well as conducting projects aimed at deepening the general public’s understanding of companies’ nature conservation activities.
We have been participating in the committee as a member company since 2003.
- Sustainability of
the Daigas Group
- Values and Sustainability Promotion of the Daigas Group
- Daigas Group's Values Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct Sustainability Promotion System and Management Stakeholder Engagement Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In Commendation from the Outside
- Sustainability Management and Value Creation Process
- Value Creation Process of the Daigas Group Long-Term Management Vision 2030 Medium-Term Management Plan 2023 Daigas Group Carbon Neutral Vision
- Actions on Materiality
Materiality of the Daigas Group
Materiality Review Cycle
Creating Value for Customers
(Charter I) Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
(Charter Ⅱ) Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ) Respecting Human Rights
(Charter IV) Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V) Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Risk Management Compliance Messages from Outside Directors
- Value Chain and Sustainability
- Consideration for the Value Chain and Stakeholders Social Impact of Business Activities in Our Energy Value Chain and Our Efforts toward Sustainability
- FY2022 Activities Report
- Creating Value for Customers (Charter I)
Charter I Index
Management for Creating Value for Customers
Safety and Security 1:
Procurement Stage Safety and Security 2:
Processing Stage Safety and Security 3:
Distribution Stage Safety and Security 4:
Consumption Stage Incorporating Customer Opinions Proposing New Value
- Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society (Charter Ⅱ)
- Charter Ⅱ Index Management toward Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society Environmental Management Environmental Management: Indicators, Targets and Results Actions for Climate Change: Recognition of and Action on Risks and Opportunities Actions for Climate Change: Method to Evaluate Effects of CO2 Emissions Reduction Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Business Activities Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions at Customer Sites Efforts in Resource Recycling Conserving Biodiversity Developing Environmental Technologies Addressing Environmental Risk Promotion of Green Purchasing Environmental Communication
- Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ)
- Charter Ⅲ Index Management of Engagement with and Contribution to Society Activities for Promoting Communication with Society Corporate Volunteering Activities under the Small Light Campaign Social Contribution Activities Activities at Osaka Gas' Foundations
- Respecting Human Rights (Charter IV)
- Charter IV Index Status of Management regarding Respect for Human Rights Human Rights Due Diligence Action on Human Rights
- Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V)
- Charter V Index Management for Complying with Laws and Regulations Compliance Promotion Efforts Efforts for Protection of Personal Information Information Security Consultations and Reports from Partner Companies
- Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Charter VI Index Status of Management to Support Employees' Personal Growth Employment Acceptance of Diversity Balancing Work and Family Human Resource Development and Rewards Communication Between Employees and Company Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Reporting Guidance and Guidelines and ESG Data
- Reporting Guidelines