The Daigas Group's view on compliance is that it entails sensible corporate activities based on sound ethics with a particular focus on observing laws and regulations. Ensuring compliance requires that all executives and employees follow laws/regulations and their consciences, in line with the foundations for compliance set forth in the “Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct,” and act in accordance with in-house regulations and rules. Throughout the year, the Daigas Group conducts training and educational activities aimed at raising awareness of the importance of compliance, instilling knowledge, and improving the ability to think ethically.
Compliance Promotion Systems
The Daigas Group has established “Compliance / Risk Management Subcommittees” under the “ESG Committee,” in order to consider cross-organizational measures and share information, etc. The Compliance Office in the General Affairs Department promotes compliance across the Daigas Group as a whole, and we have also selected “Heads of Compliance” at each Business Unit, Company,* and Core Affiliate, as well as “Compliance coordinators” and “staff who serve as key personnel in the compliance efforts” at each organization of Osaka Gas and each affiliate, as part of efforts to enhance compliance across the Daigas Group as a whole.
■ Compliance Promotion Systems
* Spun off into Osaka Gas Network Co., Ltd. in April 2022.
Promotion of Compliance
The Daigas Group believes that ensuring compliance is the most important thing we can do to gain the trust of customers and the society, and is the basis for continuing our business. Recognizing that every management and employee is the key to compliance, we are continually conducting training sessions and employee surveys to raise awareness.
Internal Reporting Systems and Compliance Desks
The Daigas Group has established “Compliance Desks” as a system aimed at quickly identifying cases of violations of laws and regulations, misconduct, etc., and responding quickly and appropriately. “Compliance Desks” have been established within Osaka Gas, key affiliates, an external attorney’s office, and elsewhere, to accept consultations and reports from employees of the Daigas Group, business partners, and other related parties. Furthermore, we have also established a “Human Rights Desk” in the Human Resources Department as a contact point for consultations about the human rights of employees, as well as “Harassment Desk” within respective organizations and affiliates as contact points for consultations about harassment from employees.
In the Daigas Group's business operations, we follow the Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct, comply with laws and regulations, and act sensibly based on sound ethical standards. We understand that appropriate tax payments are part of our corporate social responsibility, and we comply with the tax laws and regulations of each country we operate in performing tax procedures.
Tax Risk Management
We have established processes to promote correct recognition of tax risks and appropriate responses to the risks. We also seek advice from tax experts as necessary to maintain and improve tax compliance.
Building Relationships of Trust with Tax Authorities
We strive to build and maintain a relationship of trust with tax authorities through timely tax filing and payment, and appropriate information disclosure.
- Sustainability of
the Daigas Group
- Values and Sustainability Promotion of the Daigas Group
- Daigas Group's Values Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct Sustainability Promotion System and Management Stakeholder Engagement Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In Commendation from the Outside
- Sustainability Management and Value Creation Process
- Value Creation Process of the Daigas Group Long-Term Management Vision 2030 Medium-Term Management Plan 2023 Daigas Group Carbon Neutral Vision
- Actions on Materiality
Materiality of the Daigas Group
Materiality Review Cycle
Creating Value for Customers
(Charter I) Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
(Charter Ⅱ) Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ) Respecting Human Rights
(Charter IV) Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V) Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Risk Management Compliance Messages from Outside Directors
- Value Chain and Sustainability
- Consideration for the Value Chain and Stakeholders Social Impact of Business Activities in Our Energy Value Chain and Our Efforts toward Sustainability
- FY2022 Activities Report
- Creating Value for Customers (Charter I)
Charter I Index
Management for Creating Value for Customers
Safety and Security 1:
Procurement Stage Safety and Security 2:
Processing Stage Safety and Security 3:
Distribution Stage Safety and Security 4:
Consumption Stage Incorporating Customer Opinions Proposing New Value
- Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society (Charter Ⅱ)
- Charter Ⅱ Index Management toward Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society Environmental Management Environmental Management: Indicators, Targets and Results Actions for Climate Change: Recognition of and Action on Risks and Opportunities Actions for Climate Change: Method to Evaluate Effects of CO2 Emissions Reduction Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Business Activities Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions at Customer Sites Efforts in Resource Recycling Conserving Biodiversity Developing Environmental Technologies Addressing Environmental Risk Promotion of Green Purchasing Environmental Communication
- Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ)
- Charter Ⅲ Index Management of Engagement with and Contribution to Society Activities for Promoting Communication with Society Corporate Volunteering Activities under the Small Light Campaign Social Contribution Activities Activities at Osaka Gas' Foundations
- Respecting Human Rights (Charter IV)
- Charter IV Index Status of Management regarding Respect for Human Rights Human Rights Due Diligence Action on Human Rights
- Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V)
- Charter V Index Management for Complying with Laws and Regulations Compliance Promotion Efforts Efforts for Protection of Personal Information Information Security Consultations and Reports from Partner Companies
- Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Charter VI Index Status of Management to Support Employees' Personal Growth Employment Acceptance of Diversity Balancing Work and Family Human Resource Development and Rewards Communication Between Employees and Company Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Reporting Guidance and Guidelines and ESG Data
- Reporting Guidelines