Principle and Outline
Realizing a low-carbon or decarbonized society requires not only individual companies but also society as a whole to have heightened environmental awareness and take action toward energy conservation. The Daigas Group is engaged in various activities to raise the environmental awareness of its employees and provide the general public with environmental education through exhibitions and other events. The Group also supports and participates in the activities of various environmental and economic organizations. We are also active in providing children, as next-generation leaders, with opportunities to learn about energy and the environment, such as outreach classes.
Employee Environmental Education, Participation in Organizations
Various events during the Environment Month
Every year in June, designated as Environment Month, employees of the Daigas Group engage in various environmental activities. Among them are energy-saving efforts at offices, environmental preservation activities, environmental education both inside and outside the Company, and participation in regional environmental events such as cleaning activities. By participating in these activities, each and every employee comes to recognize the great connection existing between his or her activities, and their impact on the environment. Environmental activities during the month provide Daigas Group employees with opportunities to recognize the importance of continuing efforts to build an environmentally harmonious society.
e-learning and collective training programs for employees
As part of the Daigas Group's ISO 14001 efforts, we have been conducting an “ISO Environmental Education Course” via e-learning and offering tier- and organization-specific group training. Employees are being instructed in the basic environmental knowledge that they should all possess, the Group's environmental policies and targets, the Group's specific approaches, and other topics via e-learning, while in group training they are being educated in activities designed to improve environmental awareness.
Participation in initiatives undertaken by environmental groups
WWF Japan membership card
Osaka Gas has been supporting WWF Japan as a membership company since 1983.
Osaka Gas participates in environmental conservation activities with a number of organizations, including the Keidanren Committee on Nature Conservation, the World Wildlife Fund Japan (WWF Japan), and the Learning and Ecological Activities Foundation for Children (LEAF). As a member of industrial organizations, Osaka Gas is also striving to play a part in the Keidanren Carbon Neutrality Action Plan.
In addition, we work to keep updated on the latest policies and technologies worldwide for solving environmental issues, including climate change, by participating in the Conference of the Parties to the Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP) and the International Gas Union (IGU).
Environmental Education Activities
Environmental communication based on the assets we have accumulated through business activities
As a corporate group operating in a community-based manner, the Daigas Group believes that its good relationships with local communities is an indispensable foundation for its management. We have been working to help foster future generations. Our efforts to serve this purpose include imparting knowledge about energy conservation and information useful for daily energy-saving activities via our membership website “My Osaka Gas” and other media and providing energy and environmental education by leveraging the assets the Daigas Group has accumulated through business activities.
- Sustainability of
the Daigas Group
- Values and Sustainability Promotion of the Daigas Group
- Daigas Group's Values Daigas Group Charter of Business Conduct and Management Policy Daigas Group Code of Business Conduct Sustainability Promotion System and Management Stakeholder Engagement Initiatives the Daigas Group Participates In Commendation from the Outside
- Sustainability Management and Value Creation Process
- Value Creation Process of the Daigas Group Long-Term Management Vision 2030 Medium-Term Management Plan 2023 Daigas Group Carbon Neutral Vision
- Actions on Materiality
Materiality of the Daigas Group
Materiality Review Cycle
Creating Value for Customers
(Charter I) Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society
(Charter Ⅱ) Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ) Respecting Human Rights
(Charter IV) Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V) Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Risk Management Compliance Messages from Outside Directors
- Value Chain and Sustainability
- Consideration for the Value Chain and Stakeholders Social Impact of Business Activities in Our Energy Value Chain and Our Efforts toward Sustainability
- FY2022 Activities Report
- Creating Value for Customers (Charter I)
Charter I Index
Management for Creating Value for Customers
Safety and Security 1:
Procurement Stage Safety and Security 2:
Processing Stage Safety and Security 3:
Distribution Stage Safety and Security 4:
Consumption Stage Incorporating Customer Opinions Proposing New Value
- Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society (Charter Ⅱ)
- Charter Ⅱ Index Management toward Contributing to the Sustainability of the Environment and Society Environmental Management Environmental Management: Indicators, Targets and Results Actions for Climate Change: Recognition of and Action on Risks and Opportunities Actions for Climate Change: Method to Evaluate Effects of CO2 Emissions Reduction Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Business Activities Actions for Climate Change: Working to Reduce CO2 Emissions at Customer Sites Efforts in Resource Recycling Conserving Biodiversity Developing Environmental Technologies Addressing Environmental Risk Promotion of Green Purchasing Environmental Communication
- Engaging with and Contributing to Society (Charter Ⅲ)
- Charter Ⅲ Index Management of Engagement with and Contribution to Society Activities for Promoting Communication with Society Corporate Volunteering Activities under the Small Light Campaign Social Contribution Activities Activities at Osaka Gas' Foundations
- Respecting Human Rights (Charter IV)
- Charter IV Index Status of Management regarding Respect for Human Rights Human Rights Due Diligence Action on Human Rights
- Complying with Laws and Regulations (Charter V)
- Charter V Index Management for Complying with Laws and Regulations Compliance Promotion Efforts Efforts for Protection of Personal Information Information Security Consultations and Reports from Partner Companies
- Providing Work Environment That Supports Employees’ Personal Growth (Charter VI)
- Charter VI Index Status of Management to Support Employees' Personal Growth Employment Acceptance of Diversity Balancing Work and Family Human Resource Development and Rewards Communication Between Employees and Company Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Reporting Guidance and Guidelines and ESG Data
- Reporting Guidelines